• Background history is gathered about your child/ you/ the client
• A full assessment of speech, language and communication is carried out in a familiar environment
• A written report is distributed and if requested, can be shared with other professionals involved including schools, GPs and psychologists
• Written recommendations for pre-schools, schools or the workplace can be provided (if requested)
• We are also able to discuss findings with other professionals
Following initial assessment, your Speech and Language Therapist will discuss the next steps for you or your child. Different types of therapy sessions are available, depending on what is recommended.
• Individual therapy
• Small group therapy
• Indirect therapy by training staff working with your child or with staff in the workplace
• Written programmes for you to carry out at home
The Speech and Language Therapist will discuss what types of therapy are best suited for your needs.